We don't want to rush them or have it put together wrong, so we will wait and be patient. Guess we are on "Mexico Time".
Oh well, our tentative plans were to head north and check out a few more state parks for a few days each like Santa Rosa and Ute Lake. Instead we will just spend those same days here at this park. RVing plans are made in jello, ya know!
Yesterday Steve helped Tom across from us to air up his tires on his motorhome. They are staying in the undeveloped areas and didn't have a power post. Steve rolled over his air compressor and stretched out as many power cords as he could find to reach! LOL.... Now they are good to roll again too.
We hadn't dumped our black tank prior to arriving at the park on Feb 26... actually we hadn't dumped since Feb 22 so that is 23 days on our holding tanks. We did pretty good, but it's time to dump and not press our luck four more days. I got everything "road worthy" within the rig and we left our chairs, cords and leveling blocks at our campsite while we went to the dump station.
I took a "selfie" from out the window on the passenger side
as we drove around to the dump station.
It came out really cool with Steveio driving in the background!
Many of the RVers parked around us know we are waiting for the news of our Tracker repair, and as they saw us drive to the dump station they thought: "Contgrats!" Dawn even gave us a standing ovation as we drove past!!!!
But, no, we are not leaving just yet.
The normal camping limit is 14 days in the New Mexico State Parks. Each park superintendent has the discretion to allow a longer stay in case of medical problems or mechanical failure. He has graciously allowed us to stay as long as we need to. Awwwwwww
Yesterday we had a surprise visit by fellow bloggers of John and Sharon (known as Hey Duke) of On The Road Of Retirement They travel full-time in a front end diesel Allegro Bay Tiffen motorhome. We had a nice chat, and they decided to stay one more day here too. We almost got to camp with them last summer as they toured Green Bay, WI and we were about 30 miles apart, but they had to move on in another direction. Glad that we got to meet this time. We invited them over to a campfire this evening if the winds die down a bit. Today the winds are a bit blustery, thus the reason for John and Sharon to stay put for another day and not travel on.
I think I am going to pull out my quilting fabrics and sewing machine again today.... spend some time doing some fun stuff while we wait.
Perhaps we may even take a jaunt over to the grocery store if we walk there, or maybe if Mel and Paula who are camped nearby are going, we can hitch a ride in their car.
Oh.... I suppose we could drive the motorhome to the grocery store???? LOL .... I am typing this as we are at the dump station. Pretty good sized "grocery getter vehicle" eh?
Gotta keep laughin!