Home again, home again, jiggety jig...
We woke up the little Township Campground of Seney the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. It was already 7:30 and we were surprised that we had slept in. But then we remembered also we are still on Eastern Time zone. So really by the time we get back later today and switch back to Central, it really meant we only slept until 6:30. LOL
We got all packed up and ready to leave and headed out to a beautiful blue sky and a few wispy clouds here and there. But the winds were going to be coming down from the Northwest and we were going to possibly have big thunderstorms later on by evening in Wisconsin. The temperatures were crazy in Wisconsin and the heat index had been up over 100 the day before. We were hoping that this front blowing in would bring some cooler weather as we worked our way back down towards home.
There's no place like home...
All in all, it was a wonderful trip. We reflect on the fact that it is not so much the destinations that we look forward to, it is the entire journey.
Our highlights were:
- Meeting up with my sister and brother-in-law en route across the Upper Peninsula of Michigan as they were heading home from doc appts in the Lower Peninsula.
- Crossing the Mackinac Bridge
- Finding our most favorite campsite in the Ossineke State Forest
- Meeting up with fellow RV bloggers Al and Kelly of the Bayfield Bunch at Pinery Provincial Park in Ontario Canada
- Seeing Niagara Falls from the Canadian side
- Meeting with Hilary of the Crazy as a Loom weaving studio in Eastern New York State
- Having lobster in Maine
- Staying on a couple islands in the middle of the St Lawrence Seaway
- Crossing over the border between the United States and Canada four times with absolutely no complications!!