Our Wonderful Followers who come back again and again to read about us...

Sunday, November 1, 2020

Happy Birthday Saturday with Family

I had such a delightful birthday yesterday... thank you to all those who sent greetings via Facebook, cards in the mail, and all my little goomers who stopped by for a socially distanced Front Porch Birthday Visit! 



We had Unicorn Chelsea (who had her big unicorn head off for the visit), and Claire the Princess Elsa, and then Clayton who was the werewolf guy.... 



Trotting out in front was our Wonder Woman Whitney Wonder Wade... followed by her Mommy Eeore, Daddy Ted E Bear and Chickie Auntie Erin.   



Handsome Jameson, the oldest, was a masked Dragon Priest character from some new movie, I don't know what one.  But what is cool is that their family got a new 3D Printer, and they MADE this mask!   Plus they made Whitney's Wonder Woman tiara too.  How cool is that?  What a fun family project to figure this stuff out. Jesse said it's a blast and a wonderful hobby as well.  They are learning so much and Heather explained how they can get the measurements off of things or get files to recreate them with the printer. 


They showered me with wonderful thoughtful presents, and best of all, homemade birthday cards chock full of the grandkids' artwork!  Those make me smile the most. 

After the kids all left to go get their goodies around the neighborhood, we had a nice visit with some people who stopped by.  The wife, as a little girl, lived in this house. She moved away when she was 6 years old, but had so many happy memories of living here.  She took some pics to send to her mom. They moved away 20 years ago, and they were happy to see that the house is being loved again. In the future, we planned a visit where they can come over and check it out and they share some photos they have from way back when!  How cool will that be? 

After all the trick or treaters were done and on their way home, Steve set the table in the diningroom for a nice evening meal.  How he spoils me! First the new kitchen sink and disposal, then the new backsplash.... and now a tenderloin dinner on the grill. 



Well he was busy tending to the grill, I tossed a couple potatoes in the oven. Lately I've been eating baked sweet potatoes instead of regular potatoes. I find that I like them much more. Steve cracked open a bottle of wine and we turned on some celtic music. The soft antique lights were lit around the dining room and we were really enjoying a peaceful quiet evening. 


I have a question, I know about golden birthdays, like when you turn 26 on the 26th of the month Etc ----  But what about when you turn 60, and you were born in 1960? I think that's a special super duper golden birthday! Yep, I have turned 60. I asked Steve when he went to bed with a 50-Something wife, how did it feel to wake up with a 60 year old lady? All he did was shake his head in disbelief. Sometimes I guess he doesn't understand my humor?

But on the other hand, he was so afraid of turning 60 that he was 59 for two years in a row, and then he went straight to 61~

~~~~~~~

Oh, one of the other projects I finished up yesterday morning was that I gave a coat of paint to the ceiling and the beams of the entryway in the she shed. In my previous post I was talking about the knot holes bleeding through the white paint as they dried out over the last year. I used the special Zinsser primer shellac spray can to cover them up. So yesterday morning I got out my little paint tray and roller and got to work.  It was a fast project and only took a few minutes to roll the entire ceiling and beam area of the entryway.


It sure covered up all those knot holes nicely and looks really good now. I'm glad that all those tan circular marks are gone. They were really bugging me. Like I said in my last post, they looked like roof leaks or something.  



And again, that guy must have been trying to turn me on because there he is, washing windows.  I told him that is a turn-on for women to see a man wash windows. Now I think he will do it all of the time just to get my attention?   



This morning it has turned very windy and cold. There are snowflakes floating around and the winds are going to reach gale-force warnings. They said there could be waves up to seven feet high out on the bay. Good day to stay inside and stay home.

As we are sitting down in the she shed this morning, enjoying our coffee, we noticed flocks of these black birds with brown heads, called Cow Birds, getting ready to head on South. They would gather on the ground in big bunches eating something. I don't know what. Then they would all fly up into the air on the wind in big swarms and swirls and land in the trees. And then a few seconds later they would all swarm back down to the ground again. How strange. I made a little video clip for a few minutes of their antics:

I'm not sure what the rest of the day holds for us. It's going to be a quiet Sunday after such a busy Saturday / birthday. The sun keeps trying to poke out and chase away the snowflakes. I guess later this week it will be warmer and we will see if there's any camping planned ahead for us in our schedule? Socially distanced, of course.

2 comments:

  1. First a belated Happy Birthday. I figured you would post yesterday but you didn't. Darn.
    Looks like the projects might slow down during the Winter and restart in the Spring.
    Nice that former residents of the house are stopping by with compliments of the work you've both been putting into it.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the change.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a wonderful day. Steve sure knows his way to your heart...he's definitely a keeper. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog! I moderate all comments so it may take a little while for your comment to appear.