We woke up this morning to rain and damp weather... but these guys had a whole list of tasks to accomplish once it stopped.
First off, Paula and I snuck off to Joann Fabrics to get some pretty brocade upholstery ribbon. Since we changed our livingroom colors in the motorhome, the old blue velvet trim just wasn't doing it for me on the valances around each window.... So I redid them!
(now I just gotta replace those little blue button covers on the side lambrequins
with maybe green, cream or burgundy ones)
Paula was very busy with a new project for our table... it is pieced together now and will later be quilted and finished up as a table topper. She is a very talented quilter and has a great sense of color and style to pick this out for me!
The guys were VERY busy!
- They got up on the roof and tied down Mel's cable to his King Dome with new wire ties.
- They reassembled the inside of Mel's air conditioner unit they took down to do the roof.
- They reinstalled Mel's vent cover over the bathroom fan.
- They cleaned out Steve's water heater burner tube.
- They visited Fleet Farm to compare fuel conditioners and research on price, value and performance.
- They forgot to buy four other things on their list.
- We went out to Texas Roadhouse for a wonderful meal, treat of Mel and Paula!
- (Steve drank over a pint of beer, teased the waitress, Mel ate fish, and Paula took home half her meal!
- Oh... and they changed the tire on the Tracker to the repaired once that had not been done since we had our flat in June. ahem?
And they filled up our freshwater tank in preparation of our departure tomorrow.... Mel directed Steve on how to do it, and Paula was observing with humor.
To our good friends....
Mel and Paula:
we thank you for letting us hang out with you for the last ten days...
and we will be seeing you again soon!