Our Wonderful Followers who come back again and again to read about us...

Thursday, November 3, 2011

OUT HERE Magazine Article featuring my weaving

In yesterday's blog post, I mentioned that in 2006 a writer from the Tractor Supply Company - TSC Stores contacted me about doing an article on me and my weaving.  They sent up a photographer to do a photo shoot for the day, and Tonya Maxwell came and interviewed me at length.  Although they took about 200 pictures, only a few make it into the article.  But it sure was fun to be a "Diva For a Day"



Here is the article I copied and pasted in as Jpegs... hope it works:










And here are some extra shots I took while the photographer was doing his thing:

Add caption







7 comments:

  1. Looks like you can use a couple of their shots when you put your house on the market. Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! Thanks for sharing the article. And while I don't weave (probably never will), I appreciate the art of what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! Love the history of the sock knitting machine. Thanks for sharing the info...this is fantastic!! Are the newer machines just as finicky? I checked out the site that sells them and was surprised how costly they are; but shoot if you have ones that are over 100 yrs old then they surely last if taken care of. Cheers! ~M

    ReplyDelete
  4. And to think we knew you before you were famous!

    Now will you still associate with us mere mortals? ;c)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! Recognition of your work must be a great feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice article Karen.....it is rewarding to have your work recognized......great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen,
    Great Article, and you clean up so good!!! lol
    Nice to know that I know someone famous now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog! I moderate all comments so it may take a little while for your comment to appear.