Our Wonderful Followers who come back again and again to read about us...

Friday, February 1, 2013

A Grandson Overnight

Well, our dinner party with daughter Heather, son-in-law Jesse and grandson Jameson took a fun turn!  Our grandson, age 4, announced that he liked our house a lot and was going to sleep over and said that his Mommy and Daddy could go home now.   LOL !

Soooo we swiped the little guy for an overnight!   He gladly put on jammies and brushed his teeth and hopped into "his bed" in the grandtot room.  I wasn't even halfway through reading the bedtime story and he was fast asleep!   This morning Steve's alarm went off at 6:45 and I heard Jameson stirring in the other room.  So I went to his door and asked if he wanted to come and cuddle for a while.   A sleepy retort mumbled from the bed: "No Gramma, I am sleepy"  and he went back to sleep till 8 a.m.   Then he came in and cuddled with me for a while.  What a fun little snuggly guy....  He looked at this pic and says "I have BIG EYES"   Yes, I guess he does.

He was very busy taking care of details while Granfaddah was at work. He decided to set about removing the tiles from our fireplace to save for the new gas log one we will be putting in. He tried to do a good job, but his plastic tools just didn't quite cut it.  Guess it will have to wait for a while.

The morning sunshine was streaming in the leaded glass window, so he found the rainbows to be a fascinating feature to playing on the staircase.  I shared a cup of coffee and sunshine and rainbows with my oldest grandson.  How can it get any better than that?

We decided to make up some rice crispy bars for Granfaddah, (his favorite) and Jameson made sure we had just enough marshmallows --- 40 of them --- and he ate the last few in the bag after counting them into the bowl.  This is the first time I used the microwave to make them, and my new one has a feature mode for melting marshmallows!  
I was happy to see him bellied up to the island to help me in the kitchen. 

Jameson made sure they were tasty,
 after he added colorful sprinkles to the mix. 

 (I think that is a wink!) 

We took a little ride to the local hardware store down the street.  It was wayyy too cold to walk.  The wind chills were in the 10 to 20 degrees below zero range.  At the hardware store, they have a pet section with live rabbits, hamsters, guinea pigs, fish and birds!   It was a fun time, and we picked out two toys for him to take home to his kitties, Claire and Dexter.

After a dinner out at the local Dairy Queen (his choice) we loaded him back up and hauled him home again.  He said he missed his kitties, but he would come back and sleep again in "HIS" bedroom at our new house.

Yes, Buddy, you can come back.  But you have to fight off your four other cousins to claim that Grandtot Bedroom as your own!   Hahahahaa

Grandmuddah is pooped out, but Granfaddah hauled me around Menards and Home Depot tonight.  We stocked up on supplies to work on the house this weekend.  I think tomorrow morning we will hit the ground running, and have a few fun things lined up to work on.   Some might think we are nuts to look forward to work, but it's creating and coordinating and compromising that is making this house work out to it's very best!


  1. He is cute and the picture of him standing in your beautiful new kitchen is priceless. I know a lot of work went into making that kitchen look so great. I followed your blog through all the work but stayed far enough away so as to not do any actual work (grin).

  2. Are you using your new kitchen sink yet? I'm wondering how you handle the water splashes on the beautiful cabinets.

  3. Hi Kristeen... nope, the water is not hooked up yet to the sink, but will be soon! The cabinets are coated in a polyurathane which will keep from spotting until wiped down. The sink also needs to be wiped down too from splashes, so I will do both with one fell swoop. The sink also gets a monthly coating of carnuba wax (Mother's Carnuba car wax!) to keep it's patina!


Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog! I moderate all comments so it may take a little while for your comment to appear.