Our Wonderful Followers who come back again and again to read about us...

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Topless Woman Escapes Florida Hospital!

Topless woman escapes Florida Hospital ---- 
complete story on news at 5

Hahaha actually, they were ready to release mom from the hospital Tuesday morning. When she went to get dressed from her bag of clothing from the ER visit 9 days before, her top was missing! Nowhere to be found!

I kind of suspect that when they moved her from the ER to the cardiac unit, that her shirt was cut off, to get better access for ER testing and she just was unaware of it.

The nurses let her borrow a gown to go home in and she tucked it into her shorts so it looked like a top.

I have no idea what it looked like from the back side???

Yup, they kicked her out! After many days of tests and not finding any new sources of internal bleeding, they were finally able to treat her heart condition. The edema swelling has gone down and her red blood cell count has come up so she is getting oxygenated blood. She is now on blood thinners and has to be careful, but at least she is not bleeding internally anymore. No new heart episodes or requiring any more nitro under the tongue. They unhooked her from all the machines and said it was time to goooooooo.

Her next medical situation, (once this heart is stabilized) is to address the spinal stenosis she was diagnosed with a few weeks ago. She can barely walk and is in pain.  The hip joint is fine, as she had a MRI done and then a CT scan.  That is when they told her it is spinal stenosis.

Spinal stenosis can put pressure on the spinal cord and the nerves within the spine. It commonly occurs in the neck and lower back. The condition is often caused by age-related wear and tear. Symptoms, if they occur, include pain, numbness, muscle weakness, and impaired bladder or bowel control. Treatment includes medication, physical therapy, and possibly surgery.

The doctors tried treating her first with pain pills and that didn't help, now they are considering a shot. That needs to be pre-approved and she has been chasing around clinics and insurance company approval phone calls trying to get that set up. If the injection does not work for the spinal stenosis, her next step for that will be surgery as well.

She was very happy to get carted home by her loving husband Lyle. Their dogs absolutely missed her so much and we're happy to see her come home. One of the first thing she did was get on the computer to let us know she was home safe and sound. then her next things to do was to get some good fresh vegetables and groceries into the house. After 9 days of Lyle being worried sick, and not eating anything, I am sure they needed more than a few things to restock the fridge and cabinets. She is trying to walk with a walker and get up and about. We wish her well and hope for a speedy recovery.


Over the weekend, we had two other nice things happen. The first was a totally delightful visit with my weaving buddy Juanita and her friend Don. They live 140 miles away so we met in the middle. It was our birthday meeting together!

We sat and gabbed for 3 hours and totally monopolized a table in a little cafe. The waitress was very understanding and let us stay and gab as late as we wanted to. It is always so nice spending time with her and we pick up right where we left off. We communicate daily on the internet but it's so nice to get together in person from time to time as well and get some good hugs.


On Sunday, we headed up to Oconto for our youngest Granddaughter's FIRST BIRTHDAY!


This is the sweet little preemie baby that was born one year ago. It was heart-wrenching to see her go through everything she had to endure to become a healthy sweet little angel that she is today.

Erin and Waylen had the house decorated up for a T-Rex birthday party. All of our children and grandchildren arrived for a fun afternoon.

While there, I had each of the grandchildren record a special message for their Great-grandmother Rita in the hospital. I sent them all via text to their cell phone. Isn't technology wonderful?

 The two youngest grandtots, 
Claire 1 and Whitney 2 

The older GrandGirls
Allegra and Chelsea, both 7

and the Three GrandBoys
Mason 7, Jameson 9 and Clayton 7

It is so good to see them all gathered around my old dining room table. Family celebrations with laughter, good fun and love are so warming to the heart.  Just look at the joy of little Claire getting her Happy Birthday Song from everyone.  I think Clayton is worried about which T-rex cookie he is going to get?

Erin and Waylen and kids with their little birthday girl

The kids had a blast running around, creating a ruckus, playing, fighting, and nibbling on all the food. The grown-ups tried to watch the Packer game. We were completely devastated to see Aaron Rodgers go down with a broken collarbone. It sure changes the outlook for the season for the Packers. We hope the new quarterbacks Hundley and Callahan waiting in the wings will do just as good with the rest of the team. Now that everybody else is getting healthy and back on the field, it hurts to lose our Aaron Rodgers for the rest of the season.

Little Claire got to open a bunch of presents, with the help of Mommy and Daddy. It was so cute to watch her, and she was more interested in the cards than the presents!!??  She kept turning the pages like a book and wanted more cards. She LOVES story books.

This is her new sleeping bag that I embroidered for her...
 it's to come for sleepovers in Grandma and Grandpa's camper? 
plus new sweats and a telephone to call home and say she is having a GREAT time! 

It's hard to believe that she is one-year-old already. She is most likely our last littlest grandchild we will have--- as I think all of our children are done adding to their families. We have to enjoy and cherish each of these passing years. These grandkids are all growing up so fast. Where does the time go?

We said our goodbyes to all of our grandkids and headed on home.

But we are so looking forward to this upcoming weekend. It's our big weekend at High Cliff State Park for their Halloween Celebration! All of our children and grandchildren will be there for the event. Including our nephew and his family. All of the campsites are decorated up to the max and usually four to five thousand people come through the park. Our son Dan and wife Heather with kids are camping next to us on a double family site.  Then the other kids and grandkids will join us on Saturday.  They can all help us decorate our campsites.

We go through an awful lot of candy, but it's worth it to see all the happy children trick-or-treating in a safe environment. We even put out a dish of dog biscuits for the dogs that get to walk by with the trick-or-treaters. We have costumes for both Finney and Binney to wear as well. They close off the campground to vehicle traffic, so it is safe for a constant parade of costumed kids and families and fun going past our campsite.

Traditionally campers decorate their campsites for the Halloween Holiday at High Cliff State Park. The Family Campground roads are closed to motor vehicles from 4-8 p.m. Parking is available along the road entering the campground, as well as the Horse/Bike Trail and Indian Mounds Trail lots. The Friends of High Cliff will have concessions available adjacent to campground shower building from about noon to 7 p.m. Be sure to bring your flashlights for walking in the dark! A vehicle admission sticker is required to enter the park.


I have been such a bundled up mess of nerves the last 9 days over Mom, that now my blood pressure can finally go back down and I can get some things done around the house. I have been cranking some socks for orders and need to get more done for my Etsy store inventory. With this beautiful fall weather that we are experiencing, I don't even feel like staying inside and working.

Steve and I got some yard work done, and pulled out plants in advance before they all meltdown to mush from any upcoming frost. It's easier to clean it up in the fall than to try and do it in the spring.

I have to call now and arrange an appointment to go fill our propane tank on the motorhome. It's a huge tank that needs a fill from a propane station or a home delivery truck, it is not small portable tanks like on camping trailers. There is a place in the nearby town of Stockbridge that will fill us if we call ahead and make an appointment. There isn't always a guy on duty to do a fill, so that is why we need to arrange in advance.  The propane place is on the way to the park tomorrow, so we can get it done on the way.

Although the weather is supposed to be warm this weekend, we are going to top off the propane tank so it's ready for any winter trips we decide to take.

Stay tuned.....  
 perhaps an escape to the desert is in our future? 


  1. You're so right about the grandkids growing up so fast. Our littlest-the twins-turned 4 in September. Your camping weekend sounds like such fun!

  2. Glad Mom is out of the hospital. And that baby is just the cutest thing. You have a great family.

  3. So happy to hear the good news about your mother going home. To bad about the spinal problem hope the shot works.

    I can't believe Claire is a year old already either. Such a pretty little Princess.

  4. I'm beginning to think you really like those grandkids! :)

    Glad your mom got to go home. Hopefully they will be able to treat the spinal
    stenosis without surgery.


Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog! I moderate all comments so it may take a little while for your comment to appear.