Our Wonderful Followers who come back again and again to read about us...

Tuesday, July 9, 2024

R. I. P. Little Binney

With a heavy heart... Sweet Binney crossed the Rainbow Bridge this morning. 



She is now with her best buddy Finnegan, who passed away in 2021.





(Sketch from RVing friend MeriKay from https://merika-merika.blogspot.com/?m=1


Binney had a rough start in life with a horrible hoarder in Midland, Michigan... We got her through the efforts of both the Michigan and Wisconsin Sheltie Rescue Programs.

Before and After


She went from a scared frightened little girl with a crazy emotionally damaged head into a beautiful pampered princess who commanded all of our attention and ruled the home like a queen.




She has traveled from the Pacific to the Atlantic, from Canada down to the border of Mexico. 

She helped guide and nurture our new rescue Nicholas for the last 6 months. She helped him understand how to be a pet in our home, and gave him comfort and companionship even though he was a pesty little nut! 






Her health deteriorated rapidly over the last few days, and this morning Nicholas said goodbye as we took her off to the vet. 


The best blessing you can give a pet is the honor of your presence as they take their last breath, holding them in your arms as they pass peacefully.


My GoPro Quik App made this little video for me automatically from my photos:



We will miss you, our funny little Binn-Binn.

17 comments:

  1. So very hard! I’m so sorry Karen & Steve. 💔

    ReplyDelete
  2. Condolences to you and your family . Like you said she will be with her buddy.💞

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m so sorry to hear about Binney - I remember when she came into your lives.Binney definitely hit the jackpot when she came to live with you and Finnegan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so very sorry to hear about that precious little girl. I've followed you for years now, & your family holds a special place in my heart because we are also Sheltie people. Lionel is our 7th; we had to let his buddy go in December 2022. Unable to find a rescue Sheltie in surrounding states, I adopted an Australian Shepherd to keep Lionel company. He has been a wonderful, loving boy, but if I lose Lionel, I'll still try to find another Sheltie. My sincere, sincere condolences to you. They truly take a piece of your heart when they go.
    Renee Z (Northern NM)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen and Steve I am so sorry to hear of your Binney passing and a nice tribute for her. She was a beautiful girl and you will all miss her.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are so sorry. Saying goodbye to a beloved pet is so very hard. Hugs and better memory-filled days ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry. But you were there for her every step of the way and was so loved. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry for your loss. I wonder how long it will be until another rescue needs Nicholas to teach it how to be a pet? Your shelties are so good at that.
    Linda Sand

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear about your loss. May you have peace in your hearts for all the love and attention you gave her.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember when you first brought Binney home and the extra care you had to give to her. She came a long way and became the teacher. Though it breaks our hearts, it's wise to know when to say good-bye.
    Be Safe!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry to hear about Binney. The pain is hard but you know you did the right thing and being able to be with her helps

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so saddened by your loss. They were beautiful dogs and so devoted to you. You and Steve are such loving parents.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am sorry for your loss. There is nothing quite like the love of and for your dog❤️

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohhh! So so sorry for your loss of sweet, pretty Binney! We thought of our dog when eating pizza & down to our last bite of each slice as that was for her. You'll think of Binney too, when eating that last bite of donut. Yes, they take a piece of your heart with them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so very sorry for your loss. I know your pain in losing one so loved.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So sorry for your loss, like you I believe that I should be holding my pets as they cross the bridge. It hurts, but I wouldn't deny them the comfort of my prescence. Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You gave her such a wonderful life. So tough to lose her. I am very sorry for you and Steve.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog! I moderate all comments so it may take a little while for your comment to appear.