Our Wonderful Followers who come back again and again to read about us...

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Projects of the day....

Steveio and I both like to keep busy working on *stuff*...
Here is his most recent project for the motorhome (in progress)




The end result will be a spare tire mounted to the front of our rig, covered with a shiny chrome continental tire cover kit. It will be a good place to carry a spare, instead of in our basement compartments, and being a rear radiator diesel pusher, there is nothing in the front that he is blocking air flow for.



Today I finished up an 84" inch runner rug in my favorite textile, factory surplus sock loopers... This is recycling at it's finest. They are saved from going to a landfill, and I buy them by the pound as factory waste. When chained together, they make thick thirsty heavy rugs. I call these rugs my Birch Tree Rugs, as they remind me of the bark on a birch trees. Once off the loom, I tie the fringes, twisted into rope-like braids for an interesting finish to the rug. I have four large rug looms in my studio, along with blanket and table looms too. Weaving is my passion.



Also finished up another tote bag, just have to sew the seams... it's a gift for my friend Jeanie Beanie in Lodi, WI (Shhhh don't tell her) as she is working on two lovely baby quilts for my granddaughters.





I am working on knitting lots of little girl baby socks and hats... with our daughterinlaw Heather due in Dec, and our daughter Erin due in January, both with girls, I just keep knitting and knitting and knitting!


Preggo daughter Erin came over for supper tonight, her hubby is gone to Racine for a weeklong job. We made more plans for her upcoming baby shower and Steveio cooked up his famous Texas Hash for supper... yummmm

Yawwwnnn it's been a long day, and I have a whole slew of projects to work on tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Karen!!!! I didn't know you had a blog, til I saw your comment on mine.
    Wasn't that funny, though????
    "I'm drunk".........ya think?????
    Cracked me up.
    Love the birch bark rugs....maybe we could trade some colored loopers for some black and white ones?????
    I have sold lots of them, but I get a new shipment in October, probably about 2000 lbs.
    Yikes.
    I will be checking out your blog......to see what you are up to.
    I hear ya about the grandkids, they are so fun......so special.
    I adore mine.
    And love it when they go home with Mom.
    :)
    Ah, the joys of retirement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Hilary, I just started the blog. Will see how I keep it up?

    I smile each time I see your colorful looper rug in my kitchen... yes, we should swap some loopers!

    Between our camping weekends, grandkids coming, home projects and my fiber stuff, I think I will have enough to blog about every day...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog! I moderate all comments so it may take a little while for your comment to appear.