Then to top it off, a neighboring farmer was spreading liquid manure (a hundred times worse than fresh manure) on his fields and it was getting stronger and stronger by the minute. That means all weekend having all the windows closed and having to run the generator 24/7 to keep it cool inside because of the closed windows! No thank you.
So we switched gears and went over to Bayshore Campground about 16 miles away ...
We were lucky to get a site, number 78, as there were only 3 vacant sites when we got here. It's first come first serve, no reservations allowed. Lots of trees and well-shaded sites. While we set up, 2 other campers came and snapped up the last two sites, all filled before 2pm on a friday.
Once we got all set up ... then we got a phone call that we have been dreading.
Steve's mom was brought to the ER tonight. She has just completed her last chemo treatment for cancer this last week and has not been doing so well. She is now dehydrated, running a fever and supposedly not taking the proper meds. Pete, Steve's brother, will call us with more details as they find out. They are 90 miles away from here, but we will take off in the car and go see what we can do if we are needed. I suppose time on the IV will tell the tale, so it's just wait and see on pins and needles.